Welcome to 2015! Oh how I have looked forward to today! Don’t get me wrong, the holidays are great! But the New Year brings a sense of new beginnings. I know your groaning as you realize where this is going, but please allow me to be a little cliché, just this once.
Each year, millions of people make their lists, pledging to become better people, or be healthier, or change in some way. I thought I would look up the top ten most commonly pledged New Years Resolutions. Here they are in no particular order.
- Lose Weight and Get Fit
- Quit Smoking
- Learn Something New
- Eat Healthier and Diet
- Get Out of Debt and Save Money
- Spend More Time with Family
- Travel to New Places
- Be Less Stressed
- Drink Less
Such great things to aspire to do. We all know that most times, these pledges are left behind after the first two weeks of January, and almost never make it past the month of March. I remember the first time someone asked me what my New Years Resolutions were. I realized in that moment that I had never really given it much thought. In fact, typically, I made my list of “Resolutions” when school let out for the Summer. That’s when I had the most time, so that’s when I made my plan of attack.
This year, I thought I would be like the rest of the world, and make my resolutions today. Here’s what I came up with.
- Welcome Change. It’s how we grow.
- Make the most of every opportunity life presents to you.
- Stop caring about what others thing of you.
- Love yourself for who you are.
- Remember to take things day by day, week by week.
- Focus on what is important. The rest is irrelevant.
- Treat every day as a precious gift.
- Love lots, and forgive often.
- Take chances.
- Believe in yourself.
Here’s to a great year! What are your resolutions? Share them in the comments!