As the month of February comes to a close, I thought I would share with you my Seven Rules for Safe Dating:
- Always arrange your own transportation and meet your date in a neutral place. If you feel uncomfortable then you can always leave.
- Do not go to someone’s home or let them come to yours until you have known that person for several months.
- Make sure that the time and activity of dates are planned in advance. Refuse to do things last minute; this is disrespectful to you and a common tool of those who want to take advantage.
- Refuse to talk about topics that make you feel uncomfortable or are too personal. As a rule, it is impolite for others to ask personal questions and there is no need for you to answer them,
- If you aren’t treated with respect or are expected to do anything that you do not want to do, leave immediately.
- Do not drink, stay up late, or have sex with anyone when you start dating them. Ideally, wait as long as possible or until marriage.
- When starting a relationship, do not call or visit your partner every day. Once or twice a week is better for creating healthy boundaries.
What are some rules you have? Share them in the comments below!