Being positive can be effective both physically and emotionally. I chose this topic because I’ve been searching for ways to look at life in a more positive way and I hope I can help encourage you in the same way.
I find it is not easy being positive when you’re feeling tired and stressed, irritable or grumpy or when you’re just not feeling well. It’s important at those times to have positive reinforcements which come down to choices. I have 5 tips I feel could potentially help make those choices easier.
- CHOOSE to be positive. We are in control of our own feelings and emotions. It’s easy to be frustrated and upset in tough situations. We can turn that around and choose to look at those tough situations with a positive attitude. A lot of the time we can’t control what happened but we can control how we respond to them.
- Surround yourself with positive people. If you are hanging with people who complain all the time you can easily get sucked into their negativity. If you surround yourself with a group of friends who choose to be positive you get that support system that will help you focus on the positives in your life.
- Focus on the things you love, and go after them. I find when you discover what your passions and desires are in life, write them down and pursue them you’ll have a more positive attitude because you’re excited for what is happening and what is to come.
- Have you time. Taking time for yourself can help your mood in great ways. Taking a break from the stressors of life can allow yourself to reset and get ready to take on the next event in life.
- Get some sleep. I struggle with this one. I find that when I get a proper rest I have a better attitude when I wake up and it usually carries throughout the day, creating a more positive attitude towards my day. If I struggle with getting to sleep I usually put on some soft, calm music and write in my journal what’s been on my mind. Finding what is calming for you.
Krystyn Slauenwhite works within her family business Sojourn Signs in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Some of her passions include writing, working with kids, being with family and friends and traveling. She is continuing to further her interest in the business world.