Have you been putting something off? We all know how it goes, part of us telling ourselves to stop procrastinating and just focus our energy on getting the task finished. The other part of us is telling us I just don’t wont to do it. There have been plenty of times in my life whether it is at college or university to doing housework or exercise, when I have been in this situation where I have lost my focus on a task and just wanted to brush it off and take the easy option out.
Even the most motivated of us can feel unmotivated at times. In fact, sometimes we get into such a slum that even thinking about making positive changes seems to difficult. You’re stuck and unable to make progress on what matters to you. You feel lazy, tired and deflated.
To make things you want to do or achieve happen, you need Motivation. Motivation is what drives you towards a goal, gets you up in the morning, and keeps you working through a task, determined to succeed when things get tough.
Knowing how to find effective motivational strategies overall is really important to getting stuff done.
Below are some tips that may help you for finding and keeping motivated:
- When you set a goal you make a decision to act upon what you want. This gives you a direction to focus on, one that’s measurable and has an end point; all factors which can help a person stay motivated.
- Be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier to achieving your potential is your comfort zone. Great things happen when you make friends, try something new with your discomfort zone.
- Choose to be happy. Happy people are easily motivated. Happiness is your birthright so don’t settle for anything else.
- Find things that interest you. Sometimes other people set goals or tasks for us that we don’t find interesting or want to do. Always remember you don’t have to do it alone. Join a class, find a teacher or someone you can share the experience with. Other people’s encouragement to keep going can be a big boost to your motivation, particularly when you’re doing it tough.
- Train yourself to finish what you start. So many of us become scattered as we try to accomplish a task or a goal. Finish one task before you begin another.
- Dare to dream big dreams. If there is anything to the law of expectation then we are moving in the direction of our dreams, goals and expectations.
- Never quit when you experience a setback or frustration. Success could be just around the corner.
- Plot your progress. When you are working towards something, it can be really motivating if you can see evidence that you are making progress. Draw or create a visual representation of how you are coming closer to achieving something.
Amanda Ogden is from Sydney Australia, and has spent the past 13 years working within the welfare industry in both administration and case management assisting people with mental health issues, mild intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injuries, drug & alcohol, homelessness gain employment. She also loves travelling, creating jewellery, music, friends and family.
You can follow Amanda on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.