In today’s post we are highlighting the famous people who face the challenge of stuttering and have achieved their goals. Stuttering didn’t stop them from being successful!!
There are many people who stutter that are great communicators within the public eye who give presentations to large audiences within the country and around the world, and can inspire you to step outside of your comfort zone to achieve your goals!!
So here is the list of people that have gone on to achieve great things in life:-
- Emily Blunt – An award winning English born actress
- James Earl Jones – Broadway, television and movie star who is well know for his voice as Darth Vader in Star Wars. James has also received the Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement Award in 2008
- Marilyn Monroe – Actress and Singer who is one of the most popular movies stars of the 1950’s and 1960’s. Marilyn was known for her comedic skills and screen presence
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – Highly successful English composer, who is most famous for his Broadway shows Cats and Phantom of the Opera
- King George VI – The king was an inspiration to his country during World War II when he addressed the empire in radio broadcasts. The King’s Speech, an award winning movie, highlighted his courage
- Prince Albert of Monaco – The Prince became interested in oceanography and has gone on to found the renowned Oceangraphic Institute in Monaco which includes an aquarium, museum and library. He also founded a research facility in Paris
- Adrian Peterson – NFL running back who now performs community work and hosts an annual free youth football camp. He also volunteers to help children who stutter
- Kenyon Martin – Basketball star who has been a two time member of basketball’s Team USA and has been selected to the 2004 NBA All-Star Team
- Elvis Presley – Singer and Actor known as the “King of Rock and Roll” is still regarded by many as one of the most popular icons of the 20th century
- Marc Anthony – Pop Singer who is a two-time Grammy and three-time Latin Grammy award winner. Marc has sold more than 12 million albums worldwide
Amanda Ogden is from Sydney Australia, and has spent the past 13 years working within the welfare industry in both administration and case management assisting people with mental health issues, mild intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injuries, drug & alcohol, homelessness gain employment. She also loves travelling, creating jewellery, music, friends and family.