Can you believe it’s 2017?? This past year has FLOWN by! Yet so much has happened.
One year ago today I sat down and wrote down my “Goals for 2016.” I have never really done the whole New Years Resolutions thing because I find they don’t stick. I do however make a theme that I try to follow for the year. Last year’s was to focus more on experiences rather than things. Let me tell you, the past year was filled with such amazing experiences. I have learned so much, made so many new friends and grown so much personally.
My theme for 2017 is to live my life completely for Christ. In everything I do, I want Christ to become the center. If I’m being honest, this concept came to me a few months ago and I’ve already began applying it to my life. The results are AMAZING. I cannot wait to see where I am from a year from now.
So back to that list of “Goals for 2016.” I still have the list on white printer paper stuck to my wall. Here’s what it says (and the progress made).
- Finish College — COMPLETE
- Write More — Unfortunately not as much as I wanted.
- Grow My Business — YES! And still growing!
- Read More — Hahaha, nope. But I did read the two books that changed my life.
- Exercise More Often — Not as much as I would have liked, but my 5k walks are always worth it.
- Be Debt Free — YES! OSAP is completely paid off (and before the loan actually came due. No interest here!)
- Be Published in More Than One Place — YES! The Mighty AND the Australian Institute of Family Counselling.
- Finish the Last 11 Books of the Bible — I cringe as I write this… I only read three books. There’s seven more to go. There’s no excuse for this.
My Goals for 2017?
- Read those last seven books of the Bible!
- Attend Bible Study regularly.
- Pray Constantly — a relationship without communication is impossible.
- Write more (especially for my busienss).
- Grow the Defying Shadows team and ministry.
- Continue growing my business.
- Read more often — I’m determined to make this happen… Besides, how hard can it be? I only read two books last year!
- Incorporate exercise into my regular routine.
- Save, Save, Save!
- Build meaningful relationships.
What are your 2017 Goals? Tell me in the comments below!
Nichole is a Social Media Marketing Manager, student, daughter and friend. She has a Marketing Diploma and a Certificate of Christian Theology. She is an avid coffee lover who enjoys a good movie or book. She takes great joy in organizing, scheduling, and volunteering. Her passion for volunteerism extends specifically to those who are hurting, whether it is emotionally, physically, or mentally.
Nichole is certified to provide Mental Health First Aid, which means she can provide immediate support and guidance in a safe environment, comfortably have a conversation about mental health related issues and offer professional and other supports. This does NOT make Nichole a psychologist, or a counselor. It simply gives her the tools to direct people to the help they need.
You can follow Nichole on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin and her Personal Blog.