All of us will experience heartbreak or sadness at some point in our life. Whether it be grief or a broken relationship we have all been there. We lack motivation and just want to hide away we lose focus and often become depressed. There are many ways in which we can help ourselves to stay productive below is a list of some ideas that I found helpful:
- Get out of the house. It is so easy to want to stay in and isolate yourself but this just makes matters worse and only makes you feel depressed. Getting out helps us to stay focused and feel refreshed.
- Go to a coffee shop or meet a friend they say a problem shared is a problem halved. Meeting with someone often helps as we get out of the house but also have the company of someone else.
- Do not set your expectations too high set some SMART goals this stands for Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic and time orientated. E.g. from 12pm to 2pm go for coffee.
- Connect with a therapist. People often think that therapists are just for people with mental health issues the truth is therapists can be there for anyone who hits a hard time.
- Go to YouTube and watch a video on beginner’s yoga this helps to relax us.
- Go to the shop and treat yourself to a nice outfit retail therapy often works to lift our mood.
- Join a club or take up a hobby. Seek out people with similar interests.
- If your heartbreak is due to a bereavement or broken relationship you may need to seek out professional help and see a therapist. This may help you come to terms with things.
“Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars” Violeta Parra”
Keep smiling x.
Claudette is a passionate campaigner and activist for mental health stigma and domestic abuse. She believes that everyone should be treated equally regardless of their disability or gender. She has diagnoses of Bipolar Disorder, endometriosis, Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. Claudette has a certificate in Management studies. Her interests include beauty, makeup, animals politics, current affairs and social networking.