When someone has Fibromyalgia they sometimes need some extra help to get things done. Some of my friends suffer from this and I asked them what would be the best way to help them out. Here are some of what they said.
- Offer to help out with housework. It doesn’t have to be a lot. You can offer to vacuum for them or to do laundry
- Be flexible. Don’t get upset or mad if they have to cancel plans with you. They can’t help it. Be caring. One of the challenges of living with fibromyalgia is that symptoms can intensify unpredictably.
- Educate Yourself. One of the best things you can do for someone with a chronic illness is to learn all you can about the condition. Your then able to understand them and their condition better.
- Pray. This one seems so simple but can help them out so much. Pray for them on their good days and their bad days.
- Encourage them to join a support group. Sometimes those who just got this diagnoses don’t want to go. Please do try and get them to go. It can help them to know they’re not alone in this.
What are some other ways you can help someone with this?